Two Pair (Double Reed Quartet)
- Part 1: Oboe
- Part 2: Oboe
- Part 3: Bassoon (or Cor Anglais or Mini-Bassoon in F)
- Part 4: Bassoon
Notes, rhythms and technical challenges within the range of ABRSM Grade 2 – 3 players. Parts are more independent than in the easy-level sets, making greater demands in terms of counting skills and confidence.
Individual parts are relatively straightforward, so that players can concentrate on the ensemble aspects of performance.
- A Musical Joke (Mozart)
- Theme from Pomp & Circumstance March No. 4 (Elgar)
- Minuet from Music from the Royal Fireworks (Handel)
- Sosban Fach (Traditional)
- Davy Nick-Nack (Traditional)
- Trio from Notturno (Dittersdorf)
- Halling (Grieg)
- I’ll Tell me Ma (Traditional)
- Spring from The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)
- Allegro (Kummer)
Hear some snippets (YouTube video – opens in new window)
The download includes three PDF files:
- Complete set of parts for each instrument
- Concert pitch scores for the complete set
- Useful extras file – cover sheet, contents list, helpful hints
Remember to keep a backup copy of your files!