The Skye Boat Song (Over the Sea to Skye)
An intermediate-level woodwind arrangement of this favourite Scottish melody, featuring Horn in E-flat or F (or Alto Sax or Cor Anglais!)
The tune may be familiar to some as the theme from Outlander.
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Oboe
- Part 3: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 4: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 5: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 6: Bassoon OR Part 6: Bass Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 7: Tenor Horn in E-flat (Alto Sax) OR Part 7: Horn in F (Cor Anglais)
This arrangement was originally created for a small wind course at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig on the Isle of Skye, with 1 – 2 players per part and featuring E-flat horn.
Also included are optional easier ‘add-on’ parts for Flute/Oboe, Clarinet in B-flat/Soprano Saxophone, Low Clarinet in B-flat, Tenor Saxophone, Mini-bassoon (in F or G) and Bassoon – ideal if your group contains one or two less-adept players.
Keys, note ranges and technical challenges suited to players of ABRSM Grade 4 – 5 level or above. Requires confidence in sustaining an independent part.
The download contains 3 PDF files:
- Scores – cover sheet, core score (essential parts only), full score
- Parts – full set of essential and optional parts
- Useful Extras – how to find what you need; notes for Musical Directors; information on the piece
Remember to keep back-up copies of all three files for future reference.