Play it 2gether
15 very easy duets, ideal for young (or not-so-young!) families who would like to make music together. Build fluency and strengthen confidence in reading notes & rhythms, while developing ensemble skills. Practise up a couple of tunes and perform them to friends or grandparents by video link!
- Part 1: Clarinet (Trumpet/Cornet) in B-flat
- Part 2: Clarinet in B-flat* OR Alto Saxophone in E-flat
Part 1: Clarinet (Trumpet/Cornet) and Part 2: Alto Saxophone are well within the scope of players approaching ABRSM Grade 1 standard.
*Part 2: Clarinet contains three tunes requiring upper register notes. All remaining items can be comfortably managed by Grade 1 level players.
- Abide with Me
- Articulation Waltz
- This Old Man
- London Bridge is Falling Down
- Skip to my Lou
- Bobby Shaftoe
- Frere Jacques
- The Cuckoo
- The Rakes of Mallow
- Menuet (Haydn)
- Campdown Races
- Michael, Row the Boat Ashore
- Oh Susanna
- Minuet (attrib. JS Bach)
- Spring from The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)
The download includes four PDF files:
- Complete set of parts for each instrument
- Transposing and concert pitch scores for full set
- Useful extras folder – cover sheet, details of how to find the parts you require, contents list, guidance notes.
- Links to access ‘bouncing ball’ play-along practice videos on YouTube
Don’t forget to keep a back-up of all four files for use in the future.