Little Brown Jug/Jimmy Crack Corn
for woodwind ensemble (including alto saxophones)
or small wind band
An arrangement of traditional favourites Little Brown Jug and Jimmy Crack Corn intended for a woodwind group (including Alto Saxophones) or small school-style band of perhaps 12 – 25 players.
Hear some sample sections (YouTube video – opens in new window)
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Flute/Oboe
- Part 3: Clarinet/Soprano Saxophone/Trumpet in B-flat
- Part 4: Low Clarinet/Easier Trumpet in B-flat (6 notes!)
- Part 5: Alto Saxophone
- Part 6: Bassoon OR Part 6: Bass Clarinet in B-flat
2 or more players to each of these core parts recommended.
This set also includes a number of optional add-on parts for groups that include comparative beginners and/or common additional instruments, as follows:
- Easier Flute/Oboe
- Easier Alto Saxophone/Tenor Horn in E-flat
- Easier Bassoon
- Mini-Bassoon in F
- Horn in F
- Tenor Saxophone/Low B-flat Brass
- Trombone (Bass Clef or B-flat Treble Clef)
Core (numbered) parts are suited to an ensemble where the majority of the players are of ABRSM Grade 2 – 3 standard.
The download includes 3 PDF files:
- Parts – a complete set of all the essential and optional add-on parts.
- Scores – cover sheet; core score (transposing) – includes essential parts only; full score (concert pitch).
- Useful Extras – how to find what you need; notes for Musical Directors; information on the piece.
Don’t forget to keep back-up copies of all three files for future reference.