Light Winds (5-part ensemble)
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Oboe/Flute
- Part 3: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 4: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 5: Bassoon (OR Part 5: Bass Clarinet in B-flat)
Standard – INTERMEDIATE
Keys, note ranges and technical challenges suited to players of ABRSM Grade 4 – 5 and above. Requires confidence in sustaining an independent part, both in terms of notes and rhythms.
Generally, the challenge lies in fitting the parts together effectively to achieve a satisfying ensemble performance, rather than in the technical difficulty of individual parts.
- Dance of the Hours (Ponchielli)
- Contretanz (Mozart)
- Don’t Know (CMM)
- Heidenroslein (Schubert)
- Mairi’s Wedding (Trad.)
- Manhattan Beach (JP Sousa)
- The Grand Old Duke of York (Trad.)
- Marche Militaire (Schubert)
Hear some snippets (YouTube video – opens in new window)
The download includes three PDF files:
- Score (transposing) and parts for each tune
- Concert pitch scores for the complete set
- Useful extras – cover sheet, contents list, information on the pieces
Depending on your particular circumstances, you may not wish to print out all the material – but do keep back-ups of all three files for reference or future use!