The Hebrides Overture (Fingal’s Cave)
Large woodwind ensemble
An arrangement of Mendelssohn’s overture The Hebrides (Fingal’s Cave), intended for a medium-sized woodwind group of perhaps 18 – 30 players.
Great fun to attempt, even if your ensemble is unlikely to manage the work up to performance standard!
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Flute
- Part 3: Oboe
- Part 4: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 5: Clarinet in B-flat (contains essential divisi)
- Part 6: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 7: Clarinet in B-flat OR Part 7: Alto Saxophone
- Part 8: Alto Saxophone
- Part 9: Tenor Saxophone
- Part 10: Bassoon OR Part 10: Bass Clarinet in B-flat (to low C)
- Easier Flute/Oboe
- Low Clarinet in B-flat
- Easier Alto Saxophone
- Easier Tenor Saxophone
- Mini-bassoon in F (an extra, NOT an easy part)
- Easier Bassoon
Intended primarily for players of ABRSM Grade 6 standard, or above.
2 or more players per part are recommended (sometimes essential!). Provided all the core (numbered) parts are covered by proficient players, those with less experience can either double, judiciously omitting any problem sections, or opt for the appropriate ‘easier’ add-on part.
The download contains 3 PDF files:
- Cover sheet and transposing score
- Complete set of parts for each instrument
- Useful extras – finding what you need, notes for musical directors, information on the piece.
Don’t forget to keep a back-up of your files for future reference.