Favourites Folder for Five (5-part ensemble)
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Oboe
- Part 3: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 4: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 5: Bassoon (OR Part 5: Bass Clarinet in B-flat)
Standard – INTERMEDIATE
Keys, note ranges and technical challenges suited to players of ABRSM Grade 4 – 5 level or above. Requires confidence in sustaining an independent part.
Generally, the challenge lies in fitting the parts together effectively to achieve a satisfying ensemble performance, rather than in the technical difficulty of individual parts.
- Calon Lan (Trad)
- Rondo alla Turca (Mozart)
- Wedding Tune (Grieg)
- Arran Boat Song (Trad.)
- The Bold Gendarmes (Offenbach)
- Contretanz (Mozart)
- Funiculi, Funicula (Denza)
- Logan Water (Trad.)
Hear some snippets (YouTube video – opens in new window)
The download includes three PDF files:
- Score (transposing) and parts for each tune
- Concert pitch scores for complete set
- Useful extras – cover sheet, contents list, information on the pieces, bass clarinet alternatives to bassoon parts.
Depending on your circumstances, you may not choose to print out all the material – for example, if your group includes a bassoonist, you will not require the bass clarinet alternatives. However, do keep back-ups of all three folders for reference or future use!