Easy 4 Double Reeds
- Part 1: Oboe (Flute*)
- Part 2: Oboe
- Part 3: Bassoon
- Part 4: Bassoon
*Part 1 could be played by Flute(s), although this is probably not ideal for balance.
Standard – EASY:
Notes and technical challenges well within the range of ABRSM Grade 1 – 2 players. Simple and supported rhythms. Occasionally, more challenging rhythms occur, but only in tunes that are likely to be familiar to the players.
Individual parts are not particularly demanding, so that players can concentrate on the ensemble aspects of performance.
- 3 Rounds (Three Blind Mice, London’s Burning, Morning is Come)
- Minka (Traditional)
- How Many Miles to Babylon? (Traditional)
- Minuet (Duncombe)
- Skip to my Lou (Traditional)
- Little Dance (Hummel)
- The Big Rock Candy Mountain (Traditional)
- Block (CMM)
- Down in Demerara (Traditional)
- Funeral March (Pleyel)
Hear some snippets (YouTube video – opens in new window)
The download includes 3 PDF files:
- Complete set of parts for each instrument
- Scores for the complete set
- Useful extras – cover sheet, contents list, guidance notes
Depending on your particular circumstances, you may not wish to print out all the material – but do keep a backup of all three files for reference and future use.