Classical Cameos for Four
(4-part semi-flexible ensemble)
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Oboe/Flute
- Part 3: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 4: Clarinet in B-flat OR Part 4: Bassoon
Keys, note ranges and technical challenges suited to players of ABRSM Grade 4 – 5 level or above. Requires confidence in sustaining an independent part.
- Allegretto from Impromptu No. 2 (Op. 142) – Schubert
- Gypsy Dance No. 1 from 8 Zingarese – Haydn
- Chorale from Nocturne (Op. 37, No. 1) – Chopin
- Rondo from Sonata V – Pleyel
- Pavane – Fauré
- Ronde dans le Parc from En Vacances – de Séverac
- The Death of Åse – Grieg
- Menuetto from Eine Kleine Nachtmusik – Mozart
Hear some snippets (YouTube video – opens in new window)
The download includes 3 PDF files:
- Complete set of parts for each instrument
- Transposing and concert pitch scores for complete set
- Useful extras – cover sheet, contents list, information on the pieces.
From these you can choose what to print out, depending on your particular circumstances. Do keep a back up of all three files for future reference.