Almost Half a Concert (5-part ensemble)
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Oboe/Flute
- Part 3: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 4: Clarinet in B-flat
- Part 5: Clarinet in B-flat
Standard – INTERMEDIATE
Keys, note ranges and technical challenges suited to players of ABRSM Grade 4 – 5 level or above. Requires confidence in sustaining an independent part.
Generally, the challenge lies in fitting the parts together effectively to achieve a satisfying ensemble performance, rather than in the technical difficulty of individual parts.
- Rondo alla Turca (Mozart)
- Tic e Tic e Toc (Trad)
- Heidenroslein (Schubert)
- Soldiers’ Chorus (Gounod)
- Opening of the Children’s Party (Kullak)
- Rondo (Pleyel)
- Catch me if you Can (Schumann)
Hear some snippets (YouTube video – opens in new window)
The download includes three PDF files:
- Score (transposing) and parts for each tune
- Concert pitch scores for the complete set
- Useful extras – cover sheet, contents list, information on the pieces
Depending on your particular circumstances, you may not want to print out all of the material – but do keep a back-up of all three files for reference or future use!